Terms and Conditions
1. The subject for the Photography Competition is Ashby: Past meets Present. The theme is open to interpretation but should display how the entrant sees Ashby. Photographs could include images that capture the energy of local attractions, landmarks, view or architecture.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Photographs can have been taken at any date or time.
- Entrants may submit up to three entries. Late, joint submissions, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- Entries must be submitted in an electronic version. Images must be submitted as a JPEG file, of at least 1Mb (maximum file size 5Mb).
- Photographic images must not be subject to manipulation, including but not limited to the combining and retouching of images. The council and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- The competition is open to anyone who lives in or has visited Ashby de la Zouch.
- Judges, the suppliers of prizes and their employees or immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Each entry should be marked with name, age (if under 18), address, where and when the photo was taken and in no more than 100 words what the photograph says about the local area.
- Entries should be sent to: email@example.com The subject must say ‘Photography Competition’ and state the entrants name.
- The closing date for entries is Saturday 30th September at midnight.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. Judging will take place by Jim Hoult, Bev Smith, Anil Nataly and Martin Peters. The winners will be informed by 31st October. Images will be published on Ashby Town Council website.
- The winner in each category / quarter will have their image displayed on new town signage.Prizes cannot be exchanged. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Images will be judged on style, composition, subject and originality.
- All images submitted must be the work of the entrant submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject (where the image shows any person under the age of 18, permission from their parent/guardian must have been obtained) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- By entering the competition the entrant grants the right and consents to the council publishing and exhibiting the images and the written wording submitted with the image in print, on their website or in any other media as they think fit, free of charge. The entrant will also be deemed to have consented to the image being used in future publications. No fee will be payable for this use. Finalists agree to take part in post competition publicity. By entering the competition the entrant grants the right for their name and age (if under 16) to be published with their image.
- No entries can be returned and the council accepts no responsibility for entries lost or damaged.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrant. By entering the competition the entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the council to feature and/or display any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites, and/or in any promotional material or gallery connected to this competition. The entrant will retain full copyright for their image and wherever possible credited if the entrant's image is published by the council. The councils failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition.
- The council reserves the right to amend the rules at any stage.